MCML Podcast E83: Emily’s Story of how Privilege Equals Purpose
One of the wonderful things of a mission trip is the fact that it does not only change the life of the people you interact with during that time but it changes you as well. Emily was still a student when she went on her mission trip in India but the impact it had on her life was life changing. Even now, it is because of what she had experienced in India that she is currently in the path of the career she chose.
In this episode:
- Emily shares what she did during her mission trip and how she went to orphanages, children’s homes and women’s homes to administer, pray and read bible stories with them during summer time
- India is a culturally diverse place, even certain food establishments available in the United States taste different in India, adding to its unique charm
- The discrepancy between the rich and the poor is also very visible as you can see the small shanty houses made of any available materials they can get their hands on in the shadows of grand houses lived by the rich
- Emily’s experience during her time in India, especially the eye opening moment she experienced when she saw the wealth discrepancy propelled her to her current path of public health
- Mission trips are there to guide you, help you confirm or assure you of what you wish to do, it shows you the big picture and helps you forge your own way to the right path. It changes your life but only if you let it.
- We are not trying to change their culture or to intervene with their tradition, we simply want to make sure the discrepancies in their lives do not affect their health, and spiritual wellbeing
Youtube link for today’s episode
Check out some heartwarming stories at Generosity of God and share your story
Subscribe to a one-minute motivation series called Generously Blessed
About Missions Changed My Life Podcast
A weekly podcast for the missionary in all of us. Everyone wants to make a difference in the world. Changing the World is a daunting task, but when we go on an international mission trip God can use that to change our world forever. Fellow travelers share real-life stories of radical transformation as a result of going on a mission trip. Find yourself right in the middle of a missions team being transformed by God. Receive practical resources as God uses missions to change your life. More about Missions Changed My Life Podcast.
About Kevin White
Kevin White is a Christian pastor, international speaker, and an international best-selling author. As a writer, Kevin’s newest book, Audacious Generosity, is a best new Christian Book of 2020. Audacious Generosity was an instant international best seller in India and the United States of America. Audacious Generosity is the New Book to Read in 2021. Look for it among Christianity books on Amazon and everywhere books are sold. Kevin’s why for life is to extend access to Jesus to all people world-wide. Kevin loves to motivate people how to encounter the presence of God in their everyday life.
As a seasoned entrepreneur, Kevin has started and helped start hundreds of businesses, churches, and nonprofit organizations. Kevin is an expert in church leadership and business development. Kevin’s shepherd’s heart can be seen in his speaking and writing. He integrates Biblical principles and worship into everything he does. Kevin’s strategy is to help people transform into the likeness of Jesus. Find more from Kevin White including his blog, podcast shows, YouTube Channel, and Generously Blessed 1MM One Minute Motivational Series at https://kevinwhite.us
Kevin is Founder and Executive Director of Global Hope India
About Global Hope India
Kevin White is the Founder/Executive Director of Global Hope India, a Christian mission organization focused on sharing the gospel in India and among Indian Nationals world-wide. We facilitate virtual mission teams to India and short-term mission teams in-person in India. These teams empower the church in India with pastoral training, youth pastor training, children’s ministry, church planting strategy, church planting ministry, and medical missions.
Global Hope India is a Christian charity that raises funds for India. 92% of every dollar given benefits gospel outreach projects in India such as church planting, orphan care, clean water projects, bibles, medical clinics, etc. Our partners in India serve the Baptist mission in India, Church of God in India as well as independent Christian churches. We do one thing – advance the gospel in India. We do it in one way – through the local church in India. Join us today by praying for India, giving to God’s work in India and going virtually or in person to make disciples in India. Find out more information at https://globalhopeindia.org
GHI Resources & Contact Info:
GHI Instagram: @globalhopeindia
GHI Twitter: @globalhopeindia